choice of editor with mixmaster
Anonymous
2006-06-15 03:49:48 UTC
Mixmaster insists on using 'vi' as it's choice of editor in the linux
ncurses build. Is there a mix.cfg setting that will allow me to use
a different editor such as nano?

Thanks

-=-
This message was sent via two or more anonymous remailing services.
TwistyCreek
2006-06-15 04:37:18 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Mixmaster insists on using 'vi' as it's choice of editor in the linux
ncurses build. Is there a mix.cfg setting that will allow me to use
a different editor such as nano?
Mixmaster uses $EDITOR. Change your environment variable and you're
golden. :)
Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer
2006-06-15 14:00:32 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Mixmaster insists on using 'vi' as it's choice of editor in the linux
ncurses build. Is there a mix.cfg setting that will allow me to use
a different editor such as nano?
export EDITOR='nano'
in your .bashrc
Anonymous
2006-06-19 17:10:49 UTC
Post by TwistyCreek
Post by Anonymous
Mixmaster insists on using 'vi' as it's choice of editor in the linux
ncurses build. Is there a mix.cfg setting that will allow me to use
a different editor such as nano?
Mixmaster uses $EDITOR. Change your environment variable and you're
golden. :)
Thanks. Now I'm 'cookin with gas'.