Size limit for QSL message?
Jack Ryan
2015-04-02 22:53:34 UTC
What is the size limit for a file attachment to a QSL message? I
mean, what is the largest file that can be contained in a single
QSL message? I know it will be in the KB range, I'd just like to
find out what that exact size is. TIA.
Anonymous
2015-04-02 23:15:25 UTC
Post by Jack Ryan
What is the size limit for a file attachment to a QSL message? I
mean, what is the largest file that can be contained in a single
QSL message? I know it will be in the KB range, I'd just like to
find out what that exact size is. TIA.
There is no real limit within QSL. The message, with attachment, will be split into however many 28KB mixmaster packets are needed. The
real limit will be how large a message your selected exit remailer will allow, and most of them, will not remail any encoded binary
content.
Anonymous
2015-04-03 03:55:59 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Post by Jack Ryan
What is the size limit for a file attachment to a QSL message? I
mean, what is the largest file that can be contained in a single
QSL message? I know it will be in the KB range, I'd just like to
find out what that exact size is. TIA.
There is no real limit within QSL. The message, with attachment, will be
split into however many 28KB mixmaster packets are needed. The real
limit will be how large a message your selected exit remailer will
allow, and most of them, will not remail any encoded binary content.
Thanks for the info. Is there any way to send a small .pdf file via
QSL?

If only everyone had USENET access I could just post the tiny .pdf
and send an E-mail to the person telling them what to look for. Oh,
I long for the days when every isp included USENET access as a
routine thing!
Anonymous
Try sending the file to yourself and see what happens.
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
Use specific remailer chains, not random.
Nomen Nescio
2015-04-06 23:30:20 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Jack Ryan
[...]
I tried that after I saw your message. I sent one to myelf and one
to USENET. As of this moment, Monday, I have not gotten anything in
my e-mail. On USENET I got the text that I'd sent with it, but no
file.

I'm guessing that there's no way to post this file anywhere
anonymously and just send a link to the recipient.

Bit of a problem.
Anonymous
2015-04-07 00:15:41 UTC
One convoluted way would be to use Tor to connect to some place like http://www.upload.ee/ (if they will accept connections via Tor).
For the email address to capture the file link, use your nym address. Then mail the link to the recipient via your nym.
Nomen Nescio
Did that. The text came through, the .pdf was nowhere to be found.
Anonymous
2015-04-07 13:22:06 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Jack Ryan
[...]
Then the remailer must have BINFILTER set to Y. But the last time I tried this, there was still some encoded binary content in the
message, but it was truncated and some indication of that was put in its place.
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
2015-04-08 04:42:18 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Jack Ryan
[...]
Nein! Nein! DAS IST verboten!

Anonymous
2015-04-03 13:50:12 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Jack Ryan
What is the size limit for a file attachment to a QSL message? I
mean, what is the largest file that can be contained in a single
QSL message? I know it will be in the KB range, I'd just like to
find out what that exact size is. TIA.
There is no real limit within QSL. The message, with attachment, will be
split into however many 28KB mixmaster packets are needed. The real
limit will be how large a message your selected exit remailer will
allow, and most of them, will not remail any encoded binary content.
Thanks for the info. Is there any way to send a small .pdf file via
QSL?
There are a few remailers that appear to not have a message size limitation (klen in their caps strings of QSL's rlist.txt), but the
only way to know if they will remail binary encoded content is to try it and see if the message content is truncated. What you are
looking for is an exit remailer that doesn't strip encoded binary content and that will pass a message large enough to contain your
encoded file.
Post by Anonymous
If only everyone had USENET access I could just post the tiny .pdf
and send an E-mail to the person telling them what to look for. Oh,
I long for the days when every isp included USENET access as a
routine thing!
That was then, this is now ;-)

There are file uploading sites like http://www.upload.ee/ you may be able to use for your intended purpose. If you need anonymity with
them and they will accept incoming connections from the Tor network, and you have a functioning nym email address, you can receive the
download links via your nym, and then share them via remailer.
Anonymous
2015-04-03 14:43:14 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
If only everyone had USENET access I could just post the tiny .pdf
and send an E-mail to the person telling them what to look for. Oh,
I long for the days when every isp included USENET access as a
routine thing!
That was then, this is now
There are file uploading sites like http://www.upload.ee/ you may be able to use for your intended purpose. If you need anonymity with
them and they will accept incoming connections from the Tor network, and you have a functioning nym email address, you can receive the
download links via your nym, and then share them via remailer.
It would probably have been good for more information to be given
in the remailer-conf data. The BINFILTER choice would have been
nice to look at.