Attn: Zax
Nomen Nescio
2017-06-20 02:41:48 UTC
Zax I can't reach ruxuklsvo4pk74m5.onion today via Tor. Any issues
that you are aware of or should I look internally on my end?
Anonymous
2017-06-20 04:03:11 UTC
I'm having issues too with his servers.
Zax
2017-06-20 11:03:22 UTC
On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 04:41:48 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote in
Post by Nomen Nescio
Zax I can't reach ruxuklsvo4pk74m5.onion today via Tor. Any issues
that you are aware of or should I look internally on my end?
Sorry, experienced a few problems yesterday with an encrypted
filesystem. To put it another way, I rebooted the server for the first
time in 2 years and forgot to backup the content of an encrypted
filesystem with a randomly generated passphrase. Excellent from a
plausible deniability perspective, less good for resilience!

Everything should be up and running again now but expect stats for the
banana and slow remailers to plummet for a few days. There may also be
some lost mail, especially in the case of "slow".
--
pub 1024D/228761E7 2003-06-04 Steven Crook <***@mixmin.net>
Key fingerprint = 1CD9 95E1 E9CE 80D6 C885 B7EB B471 80D5 2287 61E7
sub 4096R/BE3EFAA7 created: 2014-11-14 expires: 2016-11-13 usage: S
Zax
2017-06-20 11:18:49 UTC
Nathan Hale
Thanks!
Anonymous
2017-06-23 09:37:23 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Zax I can't reach ruxuklsvo4pk74m5.onion today via Tor. Any issues
that you are aware of or should I look internally on my end?
I have never been able to get that to work :(.

I use xnews and stunnel to get to his news server. Have nver
been able to get that combo to work with port 563 using Tor.
Anonymous
I think ruxuklsvo4pk74m5.onion only works on Port 119.
Zax
2017-06-23 14:40:22 UTC
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 08:47:58 -0400 (EDT), Anonymous wrote in
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Nomen Nescio
Zax I can't reach ruxuklsvo4pk74m5.onion today via Tor. Any issues
that you are aware of or should I look internally on my end?
I have never been able to get that to work :(.
I use xnews and stunnel to get to his news server. Have nver
been able to get that combo to work with port 563 using Tor.
I think ruxuklsvo4pk74m5.onion only works on Port 119.
Yes, it's only configured on 119.
HiddenServiceDir /var/local/crypt/home/torhs/hidden_nntp
HiddenServicePort 119 127.0.0.2:119
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
Thanks! It works now!
Anonymous
2017-06-24 02:46:50 UTC
In article
Post by Anonymous
Post by Anonymous
Post by Nomen Nescio
Zax I can't reach ruxuklsvo4pk74m5.onion today via Tor. Any issues
that you are aware of or should I look internally on my end?
I have never been able to get that to work :(.
I use xnews and stunnel to get to his news server. Have nver
been able to get that combo to work with port 563 using Tor.
I think ruxuklsvo4pk74m5.onion only works on Port 119.
It works! I set it up and used sockscap. It works now!

Thank you!
Fritz Wuehler
I have it in OM's Hamster configuration using port 119, TLS required.
Nomen Nescio
2017-06-24 20:55:00 UTC
Zax writes
Post by Zax
Sorry, experienced a few problems yesterday with an encrypted
filesystem.
Does this explain the vacuum all this week on aam?

All replies via aam have been absent.
Nomen Nescio
2017-06-25 01:59:21 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Zax writes
Post by Zax
Sorry, experienced a few problems yesterday with an encrypted
filesystem.
Does this explain the vacuum all this week on aam?
All replies via aam have been absent.
How do you know anyone replied? Maybe they just didn't want to
talk to you.