anonymous youtube access
Add Reply
Nomen Nescio
2017-07-09 22:05:33 UTC

Hey elvis, how do you expect a youtube reference to be of any use to
us pseudonyms? Our only outbound channel is chains of remailers and
our only inbound channel is AAM. Even if we knew that the youtube
video fits within the half-meg size limit of Nym Retrieval, there's no
way I know of to get Nym Retrieval to download from youtube.
Get someone to post the link to a forum you read from your own account?
Click on link
So when someone at NSA orders up a dossier for everyone who clicked on
that link they get my own account? No way! The reason to use a nym
is exactly to prevent that!
✓@✓.✓
2017-07-10 02:14:57 UTC
Nomen Nescio <***@dizum.com> ✓
***@dizum.com ✓
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 00:05:33 +0200 (CEST) ✓
------------------------------------
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
Hey elvis, how do you expect a youtube reference to be of any use to us
pseudonyms? Our only outbound channel is chains of remailers and our only
inbound channel is AAM. Even if we knew that the youtube video fits
within the half-meg size limit of Nym Retrieval, there's no way I know of
to get Nym Retrieval to download from youtube.
Get someone to post the link to a forum you read from your own account?
Click on link
So when someone at NSA orders up a dossier for everyone who clicked on that
link they get my own account? No way! The reason to use a nym is exactly to
prevent that!
holy fucking paranoid...

SREcon17 Asia/Australia: A Unit Test Would Have Caught This...

Published on Jun 15, 2017
"A Unit Test Would Have Caught This:" Small, Cheap, and Effective Testing for Production Engineers
Andrew Ryan, Facebook Inc.

Production Engineers write tons of code for automating and managing distributed systems, ranging from one-off shell scripts to complex frameworks of many thousands of lines. But, in our profession, formal software testing has historically been weak. While there are a wide variety of ways to test software, in this talk, we'll focus on the methods that are easiest to implement and give the best results.

We'll discuss how teams use "small and cheap" tests at Facebook to give us the largest quality improvements with the lowest effort. Examples will include projects written in Bash and Python, as well as our Chef code, which is written in Ruby. We'll also discuss some of the ancillary benefits of testing, including recruiting, training, and team continuity.

Sign up to find out more about SREcon at https://srecon.usenix.org
Category
Science & Technology
License
Standard YouTube License

NOW THEY KNOW... <evil laugh>
✓
Nomen Nescio
Use a proxy, Tor, or a VPN you bloody fool.
Nomen Nescio
2017-07-10 20:28:09 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
Hey elvis, how do you expect a youtube reference to be of any use to
us pseudonyms? Our only outbound channel is chains of remailers and
our only inbound channel is AAM. Even if we knew that the youtube
video fits within the half-meg size limit of Nym Retrieval, there's no
way I know of to get Nym Retrieval to download from youtube.
Get someone to post the link to a forum you read from your own account?
Click on link
So when someone at NSA orders up a dossier for everyone who clicked on
that link they get my own account? No way! The reason to use a nym
is exactly to prevent that!
Use a proxy, Tor, or a VPN you bloody fool.
These are all (deliberately) low-latency, connection-based protocols.
Correlation of IP packet times and sizes at the perimeter allows
identification of the correspondents, particularly for large files.

Get serious. NSA encourages use of these protocols to lure the naive.
Nomen Nescio
2017-07-11 12:02:59 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
[...]
You're on drugs.

There's no fucking way they can correlate traffic inbound to a
VPN concentrator and then match it up outbound to another
destination over a modern VPN tunnel.

IF YOU ARE TOTALLY FUCKING STUPID, and THAT ONE FILE is the ONLY
THING you are downloading, and you are connected to a honeypot,
they might stand a chance. Otherwise it's not going to fucking
happen.
Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛
2017-07-11 15:45:48 UTC
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 14:02:59 +0200 (CEST), LO AND BEHOLD; "Nomen Nescio
<***@dizum.com>" determined that the following was of great
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
[...]
he needs to wrap his head in foil like a baked potato.
--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <***@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <***@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
Nathan Hale
2017-07-11 19:02:25 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
Hey elvis, how do you expect a youtube reference to be of any use to
us pseudonyms? Our only outbound channel is chains of remailers and
our only inbound channel is AAM. Even if we knew that the youtube
video fits within the half-meg size limit of Nym Retrieval, there's no
way I know of to get Nym Retrieval to download from youtube.
Get someone to post the link to a forum you read from your own account?
Click on link
So when someone at NSA orders up a dossier for everyone who clicked on
that link they get my own account? No way! The reason to use a nym
is exactly to prevent that!
Use a proxy, Tor, or a VPN you bloody fool.
These are all (deliberately) low-latency, connection-based protocols.
Correlation of IP packet times and sizes at the perimeter allows
identification of the correspondents, particularly for large files.
Not possible. For that to work with any possible degree of
(Highly questionable...) "accuracy", the NSA would have to have
access at the receiving end-point after the data exits the VPN.
They'd also have to know that someone was downloading a
particular file in the first place, implying that they would
need access at the point of origin.
Post by Nomen Nescio
Get serious. NSA encourages use of these protocols to lure the naive.
I can sell you the Bay bridge in Oakland, cheap. Today only,
$79.99.
Jack
2017-07-12 19:11:47 UTC
Post by Nathan Hale
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
Post by Nomen Nescio
Get serious. NSA encourages use of these protocols to lure the naive.
I can sell you the Bay bridge in Oakland, cheap. Today only,
$79.99.
No you can't sell me the Bay Bridge in Oakland because YOU would never
clear escrow. You're the naive one here. You can't sell something you
don't have.
Nomen Nescio
2017-07-19 03:55:47 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
[...]
It is written by no less than Electronic Frontier Foundation that

... for low-latency systems like Tor, end-to-end traffic
correlation attacks [8, 21, 31] allow an attacker who can observe
both ends of a communication to correlate packet timing and volume,
quickly linking the initiator to her destination.

--- http://tor.eff.org/cvs/tor/doc/design-paper/challenges.pdf

So are you saying that they, too, are on drugs?
Anonymous
2017-07-20 01:07:02 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
[...]
No, just you.

In order for that to work, an attacker would have to control
both entry and exit - at the exact time of starting with first
packet. There are some other random factors that they would
have to know as well, which they can't and won't.

There is no way they can know any of the above ahead of time, so
it will never work except maybe in perfectly controlled
circumstances. Probably not with any identifiable repeatable
consistency even then.

They'd never figure out an encrypted connection over Tor because
they could never correlate a precise size properly.

Most people get caught because they make a simple ordinary
single mistake of carelessness, not high-tech voodoo like you
see on TV.

Nomen Nescio
2017-07-11 22:28:59 UTC
Post by Nathan Hale
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
[...]
Here in your attempt to prove it impossible, you've almost designed a
way to do it. NSA would have to have access to the entry and exit
points of the VPNs (and US Congress would probably declare them remiss
if they didn't). From these access points (probably Cisco routers)
they record packet times, sizes, and addresses. From time to time
this information is compressed and sent home (probably to the Utah
processing center). From there, correlation of traffic in and out of
the VPN is child's play.
sn❄❄m
2017-07-11 22:57:46 UTC
https://www.y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=utube.c=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=m/watch?v=z_WVqIsI-m=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=
Hey elvis, h=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=w d=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=u expect a y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=utube reference t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= be =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f any use t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=
us pseud=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=nyms? =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ur =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=nly =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=utb=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=und channel is chains =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f remailers and
=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ur =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=nly inb=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=und channel is AAM. Even if we knew that the y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=utube
vide=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= fits within the half-meg size limit =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f Nym Retrieval, there's n=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=
way I kn=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=w =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= get Nym Retrieval t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= d=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=wnl=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ad fr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=m y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=utube.
Get s=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=me=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ne t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= p=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=st the link t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= a f=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rum y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=u read fr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=m y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ur =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=wn acc=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=unt?
Click =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=n link
S=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= when s=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=me=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ne at NSA =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rders up a d=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ssier f=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=r every=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ne wh=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= clicked =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=n
that link they get my =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=wn acc=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=unt? N=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= way! The reas=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=n t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= use a nym
is exactly t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= prevent that!
Use a pr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=xy, T=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=r, =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=r a VPN y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=u bl=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?==?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=dy f=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?==?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=l.
These are all (deliberately) l=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=w-latency, c=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=nnecti=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=n-based pr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=c=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ls.
C=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rrelati=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=n =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f IP packet times and sizes at the perimeter all=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ws
identificati=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=n =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f the c=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rresp=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ndents, particularly f=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=r large files.
N=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=t p=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ssible. F=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=r that t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= w=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rk with any p=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ssible degree =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f
(Highly questi=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=nable...) "accuracy", the NSA w=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=uld have t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= have
access at the receiving end-p=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=int after the data exits the VPN.
They'd als=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= have t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= kn=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=w that s=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=me=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ne was d=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=wnl=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ading a
particular file in the first place, implying that they w=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=uld
need access at the p=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=int =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rigin.
Here in y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ur attempt t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= pr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ve it imp=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ssible, y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=u've alm=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=st designed a
way t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= d=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= it. NSA w=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=uld have t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= have access t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= the entry and exit
p=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ints =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f the VPNs (and US C=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ngress w=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=uld pr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=bably declare them remiss
if they didn't). Fr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=m these access p=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ints (pr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=bably Cisc=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= r=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=uters)
they rec=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rd packet times, sizes, and addresses. Fr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=m time t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= time
this inf=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rmati=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=n is c=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=mpressed and sent h=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=me (pr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=bably t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= the Utah
pr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=cessing center). Fr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=m there, c=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=rrelati=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=n =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f traffic in and =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ut =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f
the VPN is child's play.
All =?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=f that tr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=uble... just t=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?= pr=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=ve that y=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=u're a danger=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=us ped=?UTF-8?B?4p2E?=phile?

SHEESH
Fritz Wuehler
2017-07-12 09:19:39 UTC
bingo
Anonymous
2017-07-12 03:38:01 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nathan Hale
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://youtu.be/z_WVqIsI-m0
[...]
Your theory isn't workable. Corellating random VPN traffic is
one thing, proving what it contains is another matter entirely.

You can dump all the stray packets from Cisco routers you want.
The routers can't provide any useful information about the VPN
tunnel contents that may be passing through it. It's still just
a bunch of useless encrypted binary garbage on the way from one
place to another.

You might question the motives of a free VPN provider though.