Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who Called Customer Service
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
2017-07-13 22:50:03 UTC
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/12/verizon-customer-data-
exposed-by-nice-systems/
Wolffan
2017-07-13 23:24:48 UTC
Post by Anonymous Remailer (austria)
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/12/verizon-customer-data-
exposed-by-nice-systems/
It’s Veriscum. Pretty much what I expect from them.
Anonymous
2017-07-14 02:10:53 UTC
In article <***@news.eternal-
september.org>
Post by Anonymous Remailer (austria)
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/12/verizon-customer-data-
exposed-by-nice-systems/
It’s Veriscum. Pretty much what I expect from them.
Hate those guys. We have company phones from them and keep
running into some arbitrary phantom data limit. Get a lot of
emails, but the monthly average is still less than 400MB a
month. Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit. :/
tlvp
2017-07-18 09:39:24 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit.
That seems to be par for the course in telephony these days.
Not Verizon but Frontier; and not cell service but DSL internet;
yet the symptom is the same -- nominal 3 Mbps service that
crawls along at 300 kbps, if that ... when it connects at all. :-{ !

Cheers, -- tlvp
Anonymous
2017-07-18 19:27:51 UTC
Post by tlvp
Post by Anonymous
Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit.
That seems to be par for the course in telephony these days.
Not Verizon but Frontier; and not cell service but DSL internet;
yet the symptom is the same -- nominal 3 Mbps service that
crawls along at 300 kbps, if that ... when it connects at all. :-{ !
Sprint doesn't seem to be doing that. Using a tether I have 25-
30 Mbps down consistently until I move around a lot. Then it's
hit or miss but usually never below 2.5-3 Mbps down.
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
2017-07-19 05:21:51 UTC
In article
Post by Anonymous
Post by tlvp
Post by Anonymous
Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit.
That seems to be par for the course in telephony these days.
Not Verizon but Frontier; and not cell service but DSL internet;
yet the symptom is the same -- nominal 3 Mbps service that
crawls along at 300 kbps, if that ... when it connects at all. :-{ !
Sprint doesn't seem to be doing that. Using a tether I have 25-
30 Mbps down consistently until I move around a lot. Then it's
hit or miss but usually never below 2.5-3 Mbps down.
How the fuck do you get 30 Mbps on a "tether" you lying sack of
shit?
Anonymous
2017-07-20 01:04:51 UTC
Post by Anonymous
In article
Post by Anonymous
Post by tlvp
Post by Anonymous
Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit.
That seems to be par for the course in telephony these days.
Not Verizon but Frontier; and not cell service but DSL internet;
yet the symptom is the same -- nominal 3 Mbps service that
crawls along at 300 kbps, if that ... when it connects at all. :-{ !
Sprint doesn't seem to be doing that. Using a tether I have 25-
30 Mbps down consistently until I move around a lot. Then it's
hit or miss but usually never below 2.5-3 Mbps down.
How the fuck do you get 30 Mbps on a "tether" you lying sack of
shit?
4G and phone Wi-Fi hot-spot you dumb Clinton following sack of
shit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Wolffan
2017-07-22 16:44:02 UTC
Post by Anonymous
In article
Post by tlvp
Post by Anonymous
Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit.
That seems to be par for the course in telephony these days.
Not Verizon but Frontier; and not cell service but DSL internet;
yet the symptom is the same -- nominal 3 Mbps service that
crawls along at 300 kbps, if that ... when it connects at all. :-{ !
Sprint doesn't seem to be doing that. Using a tether I have 25-
30 Mbps down consistently until I move around a lot. Then it's
hit or miss but usually never below 2.5-3 Mbps down.
How the fuck do you get 30 Mbps on a "tether" you lying sack of
shit?
Quite easily. When I was with Sprint I could go to Settings on my iPad and
turn on ‘Personal Hotspot’. If I had been foolish enough to pay Sprint
for the privilege, I could then access a Sprint cell connection, though
around here Sprint topped out at 6 Mb/s which is one reason why I no longer
use Sprint. Both T-Mobile and AT&T can and do deliver speeds of 25-40 Mb/s as
measured by Speedtest.net on a laptop (Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac) connected
wirelessly to the iPad. Of course my iPad and the laptops I tried all had
80.11ac wireless. I expect that a laptop with 802.11g or even 802.11n might
not be able to get 40 Mb/s, though I’m confident that 25 to 30 Mb/s would
be quite achievable. Please note that unlike Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T do NOT
charge extra for my tethering laptops and other devices using their cell
services.

I do hope that this helps.

tlvp
2017-07-20 06:28:20 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Sprint doesn't seem to be doing that. Using a tether I have 25-
30 Mbps down consistently until ...
Pity Sprint's signal level, in my kitchen, where my computer stays, is
unusably low. Only T-Mo is strong there, and VZW; even at&t is weak
(present,, but weak). Thanks for the point of comparison. Cheers, -- tlvp