PING: Header folding problems
Add Reply
I***@THESTATES
2017-06-27 19:56:27 UTC
Q: are you using sendmail or some kind of proprietary BS sendmail replacement?

having just written a newsreader in php with mixmaster, i can assure you 99.5%
that mixmaster and the mail2news servers aren't what is screwing up yr headers.

The Crossroads of America
Nomen Nescio
2017-06-27 23:21:32 UTC
In article <***@dizum.com>
***@THESTATES wrote:

>Q: are you using sendmail or some kind of proprietary BS sendmail replacement?

You think it matters how the mixmaster packets resulting from the
procedures described below are forwarded to the entry remailer? I
don't.

And I still see no reason why

| mix.exe -m -c 6 -l *,*,*,*,dizum test.txt

with test.txt containing

| To: ***@m2n.mixmin.net
|
| ##
| Newsgroups: alt.testing.testing
| Subject: Mail2news bug: 1,2,3, 4,5,6, 7,8,9, 10,11,12, 13,14,15, 16,17,18, 19,20,21, 22,23,24, 25,26,27 ...
|
| Mail2news header test ...

and

| mix.exe -p -c 6 -l *,*,*,*,frell test.txt

with test.txt containing

| Newsgroups: alt.testing.testing
|
| ##
| Subject: Mail2news bug: 1,2,3, 4,5,6, 7,8,9, 10,11,12, 13,14,15, 16,17,18, 19,20,21, 22,23,24, 25,26,27 ...
|
| Mail2news header test ...

have to lead to postings with differing headers:
<***@dizum.com>
and
<***@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>

Guesswork or do you refer to your own test results?
Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛
2017-06-28 00:30:20 UTC
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 01:21:32 +0200 (CEST), LO AND BEHOLD; "Nomen Nescio
<***@dizum.com>" determined that the following was of great
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
<***@dizum.com>:

>In article <***@dizum.com>
>***@THESTATES wrote:
>
>>Q: are you using sendmail or some kind of proprietary BS sendmail
>>replacement?
>
>You think it matters how the mixmaster packets resulting from the
>procedures described below are forwarded to the entry remailer? I
>don't.
>
>And I still see no reason why
>
>| mix.exe -m -c 6 -l *,*,*,*,dizum test.txt

perhaps try it on a linux box and you won't have this problem.

>with test.txt containing
>
>| To: ***@m2n.mixmin.net | | ## | Newsgroups: alt.testing.testing
>| Subject: Mail2news bug: 1,2,3, 4,5,6, 7,8,9, 10,11,12, 13,14,15,
>16,17,18, 19,20,21, 22,23,24, 25,26,27 ... | X-Test: Mail2news bug:
>1,2,3, 4,5,6, 7,8,9, 10,11,12, 13,14,15, 16,17,18, 19,20,21,
>22,23,24, 25,26,27 ... | | Mail2news header test ...
>
>and
>
>| mix.exe -p -c 6 -l *,*,*,*,frell test.txt
>
>with test.txt containing
>
>| Newsgroups: alt.testing.testing | | ## | Subject: Mail2news bug:
>1,2,3, 4,5,6, 7,8,9, 10,11,12, 13,14,15, 16,17,18, 19,20,21,
>22,23,24, 25,26,27 ... | X-Test: Mail2news bug: 1,2,3, 4,5,6, 7,8,9,
> 10,11,12, 13,14,15, 16,17,18, 19,20,21, 22,23,24, 25,26,27 ... |
>| Mail2news header test ...

and your text file's endlines are unix \r\n or DOS?

or did you not even check?

>have to lead to postings with differing headers:
><***@dizum.com> and
><***@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>
>
>>having just written a newsreader in php with mixmaster, i can assure you
>>99.5% that mixmaster and the mail2news servers aren't what is screwing
>>up yr headers.
>
>Guesswork or do you refer to your own test results?

surely it's "just guesswork" since i used linux and didn't run into the windows bug/inconsistency that you've managed to discover and likely will spend days/weeks/years explaining away as someone else's problem and perhaps attacking me for pointing it out instead of fixing it proper.

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <***@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <***@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
Nomen Nescio
2017-06-28 10:03:12 UTC
Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus ?? <***@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 01:21:32 +0200 (CEST), LO AND BEHOLD; "Nomen Nescio
><***@dizum.com>" determined that the following was of great
>importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
><***@dizum.com>:

>and your text file's endlines are unix \r\n or DOS?

Of course it's 0x0D 0x0A = ^M^J = \r\n = CR/LF, which IS the Windows/DOS
and RFC compliant line separator.

But that's totally irrelevant. Smoke and mirrors.

>or did you not even check?
>
>>have to lead to postings with differing headers:
>><***@dizum.com> and
>><***@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>
>>
>>>having just written a newsreader in php with mixmaster, i can assure you
>>>99.5% that mixmaster and the mail2news servers aren't what is screwing
>>>up yr headers.
>>
>>Guesswork or do you refer to your own test results?
>
>surely it's "just guesswork" since i used linux and didn't run into the windows bug/inconsistency that you've managed to discover and likely will spend days/weeks/years explaining away as someone else's problem and perhaps attacking me for pointing it out instead of fixing it proper.

Guesswork once again. What makes you think it's a Windows
bug/inconsistency?
Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛
2017-06-28 11:57:03 UTC
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 12:03:12 +0200 (CEST), LO AND BEHOLD; "Nomen Nescio
<***@dizum.com>:

>Fakey's 🐶 Whistle Holder Emeritus ?? <***@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 01:21:32 +0200 (CEST), LO AND BEHOLD; "Nomen Nescio
>><***@dizum.com>" determined that the following was of great
>>importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
>><***@dizum.com>:
>
>>and your text file's endlines are unix \r\n or DOS?
>
>Of course it's 0x0D 0x0A = ^M^J = \r\n = CR/LF, which IS the Windows/DOS
>and RFC compliant line separator.
>
>But that's totally irrelevant. Smoke and mirrors.
>
>>or did you not even check?
>>>have to lead to postings with differing headers:
>>><***@dizum.com> and
>>><***@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>
>>>Guesswork or do you refer to your own test results?
>>surely it's "just guesswork" since i used linux and didn't run into the
>>windows bug/inconsistency that you've managed to discover and likely
>>will spend days/weeks/years explaining away as someone else's problem
>>and perhaps attacking me for pointing it out instead of fixing it
>>proper.
>
>Guesswork once again. What makes you think it's a Windows
>bug/inconsistency?

i changed my mind, it's because you can't be arsed to look at the command line options.

"mix.exe -m" is your problem. -m doesn't have to abide NNTP RFCs.

you're welcome.

Anonymous
2017-06-28 15:22:59 UTC
> i changed my mind, it's because you can't be arsed to look at the command line options.
>
> "mix.exe -m" is your problem. -m doesn't have to abide NNTP RFCs.

Read about mail2news.

You can't -p..ost to a mail2news service, you have to -m..ail to it.

How will you ever write a working news client with so little knowledge?
Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛
2017-06-28 16:48:49 UTC
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:22:59 +0000 (UTC), LO AND BEHOLD; "Anonymous
<***@remailer.paranoici.org>" determined that the following was of
<***@remailer.paranoici.org>:

>>i changed my mind, it's because you can't be arsed to look at the
>>command line options. "mix.exe -m" is your problem. -m doesn't have to
>>abide NNTP RFCs.
>
>Read about mail2news.
>
>You can't -p..ost to a mail2news service, you have to -m..ail to it.

oh, ok. don't try fixing it.

keep using -m instead of removing it and seeing what happens.

>How will you ever write a working news client with so little knowledge?

i'm using it right now. seems to work, eh?

Anonymous
2017-06-28 19:22:33 UTC

Nothing to fox, sir. RTFM!
Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛
2017-06-28 19:29:13 UTC
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 21:22:33 +0200, LO AND BEHOLD; "Anonymous
<***@hoi-polloi.org>" determined that the following was of great
<***@hoi-polloi.org>:

>Fakey's 🐶 Whistle Holder Emeritus ?? <***@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:22:59 +0000 (UTC), LO AND BEHOLD; "Anonymous
>><***@remailer.paranoici.org>" determined that the following was of
>>great importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in

>>>Read about mail2news. You can't -p..ost to a mail2news service, you have
>>>to -m..ail to it.
>>oh, ok. don't try fixing it.
>
>Nothing to fox, sir. RTFM!

leaving off the -m and -p options works for me.

"guesswork"

Nomen Nescio
2017-06-29 00:24:35 UTC
Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus ?? <***@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 21:22:33 +0200, LO AND BEHOLD; "Anonymous
><***@hoi-polloi.org>" determined that the following was of great
>importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
><***@hoi-polloi.org>:
>
>>Fakey's ? Whistle Holder Emeritus ?? <***@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:22:59 +0000 (UTC), LO AND BEHOLD; "Anonymous
>>><***@remailer.paranoici.org>" determined that the following was of
>>>great importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in

>>>oh, ok. don't try fixing it.
>>
>>Nothing to fox, sir. RTFM!
>
>leaving off the -m and -p options works for me.
>
>"guesswork"

You're an idiot.

Nathan Hale
2017-06-28 22:37:22 UTC
In article <duudnfgcE4FsQM7EnZ2dnUU7-***@giganews.com> Fakey's Puppy
Whistle Holder Emeritus ?? <***@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:22:59 +0000 (UTC), LO AND BEHOLD; "Anonymous
><***@remailer.paranoici.org>" determined that the following was of
>great importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
><***@remailer.paranoici.org>:
>

>>>i changed my mind, it's because you can't be arsed to look at the
>>>command line options. "mix.exe -m" is your problem. -m doesn't have to
>>>abide NNTP RFCs.
>>
>>Read about mail2news.
>>
>>You can't -p..ost to a mail2news service, you have to -m..ail to it.
>
>oh, ok. don't try fixing it.
Well, don't try to get it, you won't.

>keep using -m instead of removing it and seeing what happens.
>
>>How will you ever write a working news client with so little knowledge?
>
>i'm using it right now. seems to work, eh?
Sure! Perfect remailer posting. <LOL>