In Worrisome Move, Kaspersky Agrees to Turn Over Source Code to US Government
Anonymous
2017-07-02 21:28:34 UTC
Over the last couple of weeks, there’s been a disturbing trend
of governments demanding that private tech companies share their
source code if they want to do business. Now, the US government
is giving the same ultimatum and it’s getting what it wants.

On Sunday, the CEO of security firm Kaspersky Labs, Eugene
Kaspersky, told the Associated Press that he’s willing to show
the US government his company’s source code. “Anything I can do
to prove that we don’t behave maliciously I will do it,”
Kaspersky said while insisting that he’s open to testifying
before Congress as well.

The company’s willingness to share its source code comes after a
proposal was put forth in the Senate that “prohibits the
[Defense Department] from using software platforms developed by
Kaspersky Lab.” It goes on to say, “The Secretary of Defense
shall ensure that any network connection between … the
Department of Defense and a department or agency of the United
States Government that is using or hosting on its networks a
software platform [associated with Kaspersky Lab] is immediately
severed.”

Jeanne Shaheen, a New Hampshire Democrat tells ABC News, that
there is “a consensus in Congress and among administration
officials that Kaspersky Lab cannot be trusted to protect
critical infrastructure.” The fears follow years of suspicion
from the FBI that Kaspersky Labs is too close to the Russian
government. The company is based in Russia but has worked with
both Moscow and the FBI in the past, often serving as a go-
between to help the two governments cooperate. “As a private
company, Kaspersky Lab has no ties to any government, and the
company has never helped, nor will help, any government in the
world with its cyberespionage efforts,” an official statement
from Kaspersky Labs reads.

http://gizmodo.com/in-worrisome-move-kaspersky-agrees-to-turn-
over-source-1796587120
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
2017-07-03 14:11:00 UTC
In article
Post by Anonymous
Over the last couple of weeks, there’s been a disturbing trend
of governments demanding that private tech companies share their
source code if they want to do business. Now, the US government
is giving the same ultimatum and it’s getting what it wants.
Damned Yanks sticking their noses in where they don't belong
again.
Post by Anonymous
On Sunday, the CEO of security firm Kaspersky Labs, Eugene
Kaspersky, told the Associated Press that he’s willing to show
the US government his company’s source code. “Anything I can do
to prove that we don’t behave maliciously I will do it,”
Kaspersky said while insisting that he’s open to testifying
before Congress as well.
How about dragging Cisco and their fags before Congress? Let
them explain all those code bugs that just somehow permit access
by informed government agencies.
Post by Anonymous
The company’s willingness to share its source code comes after a
proposal was put forth in the Senate that “prohibits the
[Defense Department] from using software platforms developed by
Kaspersky Lab.” It goes on to say, “The Secretary of Defense
shall ensure that any network connection between … the
Department of Defense and a department or agency of the United
States Government that is using or hosting on its networks a
software platform [associated with Kaspersky Lab] is immediately
severed.”
Jeanne Shaheen, a New Hampshire Democrat tells ABC News, that
Democrats have Russiaphobia up their asses. This dumb broad is
a political science turd and ran a jewelry store. WTF kind of
expertise does she have to make security assessments?

NONE.