Ping SEC3
Nomen Nescio
2018-04-14 18:51:53 UTC
Your updates are borken.

mlist.txt...Failed Error Check
The new 'mlist.txt' document appears invalid. I'm
unable to locate these statistics columns headings.
"mixmaster history latency uptime"
The document has been marked so you can't accidentally
save it. See Help
pubring.mix...Failed Error Check
The new 'pubring.mix' document appears invalid. The
values below should be greater than 0 AND equal.
0 Mixmaster key description lines
0 -----Begin Mix Key----- lines
0 -----End Mix Key----- lines
The document has been marked so you can't accidentally
save it.
rlist.txt...Failed Error Check
The new 'rlist.txt' document appears invalid. I'm
unable to locate these statistics column headings.
'remailer email address history latency uptime'
The document has been marked so you can't accidentally
save it. See Help
pubring.asc...Failed Error Check
The new 'pubring.asc' document appears invalid. The
values below should BOTH be greater than 0 AND equal.
Done!
SEC3
2018-04-14 22:08:25 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Your updates are borken.
mlist.txt...Failed Error Check
The new 'mlist.txt' document appears invalid. I'm
unable to locate these statistics columns headings.
"mixmaster history latency uptime"
The document has been marked so you can't accidentally
save it. See Help
pubring.mix...Failed Error Check
The new 'pubring.mix' document appears invalid. The
values below should be greater than 0 AND equal.
0 Mixmaster key description lines
0 -----Begin Mix Key----- lines
0 -----End Mix Key----- lines
The document has been marked so you can't accidentally
save it.
<snip>

Are you trying to update remailer stats and keys via command line as
outlined in this tutorial?

https://sec3.net/misc/HOWTO-fetch-remailer-keys-stats-via-HTTPS.txt

If yes then you need to download sec3.net's newest SSL cert which
auto-renewed earlier this month:

wget http://sec3.net/www.sec3.net.crt

The SHA-1 fingerprint for the www.sec3.net certificate is:
A7 0D 55 1C 51 08 86 79 18 E0 01 9E DA E7 44 04 04 3B 0C F2
--
SEC3 Pinger Admin
Contact information at <https://sec3.net>
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
2018-04-15 04:19:31 UTC
Post by SEC3
Post by Nomen Nescio
Your updates are borken.
mlist.txt...Failed Error Check
The new 'mlist.txt' document appears invalid. I'm
unable to locate these statistics columns headings.
"mixmaster history latency uptime"
The document has been marked so you can't accidentally
save it. See Help
pubring.mix...Failed Error Check
The new 'pubring.mix' document appears invalid. The
values below should be greater than 0 AND equal.
0 Mixmaster key description lines
0 -----Begin Mix Key----- lines
0 -----End Mix Key----- lines
The document has been marked so you can't accidentally
save it.
<snip>
Are you trying to update remailer stats and keys via command line as
outlined in this tutorial?
Nope just regular old Quicksilver using Tor as a socks proxy.
Usually works perfectly from your webserver, last time about
four days ago. It currently works fine from Zax and others.

This is the other error that I didn't provide before.

<center><h1>414 Request-URI Too Large</h1></center>
Post by SEC3
https://sec3.net/misc/HOWTO-fetch-remailer-keys-stats-via-HTTPS.txt
If yes then you need to download sec3.net's newest SSL cert which
"A request line cannot exceed the size of one buffer, or the 414
(Request-URI Too Large) error is returned to the client."

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#large_cl
ient_header_buffers

Syntax: large_client_header_buffers number size;
Default:
large_client_header_buffers 4 8k;
Context: http, server

Sets the maximum number and size of buffers used for reading
large client request header. A request line cannot exceed the
size of one buffer, or the 414 (Request-URI Too Large) error is
returned to the client. A request header field cannot exceed the
size of one buffer as well, or the 400 (Bad Request) error is
returned to the client. Buffers are allocated only on demand. By
default, the buffer size is equal to 8K bytes. If after the end
of request processing a connection is transitioned into the keep-
alive state, these buffers are released.
SEC3
2018-04-15 14:01:57 UTC
Post by Anonymous Remailer (austria)
Post by SEC3
[...]
Thanks for reporting this. In response I made a change to my Nginx
config. Can you try it now pls?

Also, is the same error happening with Apricot Pinger?
Anonymous
2018-04-15 17:11:49 UTC
Post by SEC3
[...]
Networks are like crocodiles. Constantly lying in wait to strike and
devour you.
Nomen Nescio
2018-04-16 01:02:08 UTC
Post by SEC3
[...]
...../ )
.....' /
---' (_____
......... ((__)
..... _ ((___)
....... -'((__)
--.___((_)

Works great again.

mlist.txt...OK
pubring.mix...OK
rlist.txt...OK
pubring.asc...3 NEW KEYS
dizum ***@dizum.com 0xC620B9F7 RSA
redjohn ***@redjohn.net 0x7B067BC1 RSA
senshi ***@gmx.de 0x9F85DA35 RSA
pubring.asc...OK
Post by SEC3
Also, is the same error happening with Apricot Pinger?
http://apricot.fruiti.org/echolot/

...../ )
.....' /
---' (_____
......... ((__)
..... _ ((___)
....... -'((__)
--.___((_)

100% A-OK.

Thanks for your hard work and efforts!
Anonymous
Is this problem going to pop up when your cert renews again?
SEC3
2018-04-16 22:25:38 UTC
 Is this problem going to pop up when your cert renews again?
No. It turns out the Nginx errors had nothing to do with my new SSL
certs. I fiddled unnecessarily with my sec3.net server block and that's
what caused the errors. All is well now.
Anonymous
2018-04-16 23:46:24 UTC
Post by SEC3
 Is this problem going to pop up when your cert renews again?
No. It turns out the Nginx errors had nothing to do with my new SSL
certs. I fiddled unnecessarily with my sec3.net server block and
that's what caused the errors. All is well now.
'I fiddled unnecessarily' - I used to do this sort of thing, but
after being snake bite a few times, I now leave everything alone if it
is running. This is especially true with software. You see a routine
and think that it shouldn't be up there, so you move it down here - the
result being all kinds of bad calculations, program crashes, and a call
at 1 or 2 AM to come in and fix the problem.