TOR Browser Won't Connect
Neverwhere
2013-04-03 08:49:48 UTC
I just installed the latest TOR bundle from their website. After
clicking on the Start Browser.exe icon, I connect to the TOR
network with Vidalia and the Browser loads, but the Browser
cannot connect to any websites. The error message that I'm
getting is "The proxy server is refusing connections. Firefox is
configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections".
I have gone to the Options | Advanced | Network | Settings and
have confirmed that the Proxy has been configured. My settings
are:

HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1
Port: 8118
Use this proxy server for all protocols is Checked
Socks v.4 is selected, but I have tried Socks V5 with the same
behaviour.

Are there any other things that I need to modify?
Anonymous
2013-04-03 15:01:59 UTC
Post by Neverwhere
I just installed the latest TOR bundle from their website. After
clicking on the Start Browser.exe icon, I connect to the TOR
network with Vidalia and the Browser loads, but the Browser
cannot connect to any websites. The error message that I'm
getting is "The proxy server is refusing connections. Firefox is
configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections".
I have gone to the Options | Advanced | Network | Settings and
have confirmed that the Proxy has been configured. My settings
HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1
Port: 8118
Use this proxy server for all protocols is Checked
Socks v.4 is selected, but I have tried Socks V5 with the same
behaviour.
Are there any other things that I need to modify?
The same thing happened to me a while ago.
Completely remove Tor bundle and then re-install.
That's what worked for me.
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
2013-04-03 18:15:49 UTC
Post by Neverwhere
I just installed the latest TOR bundle from their website. After
clicking on the Start Browser.exe icon, I connect to the TOR network
with Vidalia and the Browser loads, but the Browser cannot connect to
any websites. The error message that I'm getting is "The proxy server is
refusing connections. Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that
is refusing connections". I have gone to the Options | Advanced |
Network | Settings and have confirmed that the Proxy has been
HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8118 Use this proxy server for all protocols
is Checked Socks v.4 is selected, but I have tried Socks V5 with the
same behaviour.
Are there any other things that I need to modify?
I hear that Omnimix does that, and I believe that is popular, so that is
good news;