Help with QSL
Add Reply
Anonymous
2017-06-28 04:27:48 UTC
Please forgive me, I'm a complete QSL newbie.

It works ok and I can send anon via snorky, but now in preparation
want to consider having a Zax type nym.

I do have GNU installed correctly, and have imported the
nymphet.paranoici.org nym key.

Now as I understand it, I need to enable PGP under Tools >> Options >> PGP ?
If I accept the default QSL key location, I take it the path will
be C:\qsl for both the public key & Secret keyrings ? So am I
required to manually import the keys into this keyring beforehand ?
Considering I need a default key I mean.

If so, I assume I use either Kleopatra or GPA in GNU to export the server and my own nym keys individually to a file, then within QSL >> File >> Open choose to Open a DOS Command Prompt and use something like:
C:\qsl\gpg --import C:mykeyfile to import each key ?

Sorry to be a bit obtuse, but the help docs don't exactly spell
this bit out.

Thanks
Charles
Nomen Nescio
2017-06-28 06:38:31 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Please forgive me, I'm a complete QSL newbie.
It works ok and I can send anon via snorky, but now in preparation
want to consider having a Zax type nym.
I do have GNU installed correctly, and have imported the
nymphet.paranoici.org nym key.
Now as I understand it, I need to enable PGP under Tools >> Options >> PGP ?
If I accept the default QSL key location, I take it the path will
be C:\qsl for both the public key & Secret keyrings ? So am I
required to manually import the keys into this keyring beforehand ?
Considering I need a default key I mean.
C:\qsl\gpg --import C:mykeyfile to import each key ?
Sorry to be a bit obtuse, but the help docs don't exactly spell
this bit out.
Why not just point QSL to your existing key rings? Saves a lot of
hassle
Nomen Nescio
2017-06-28 08:43:15 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Anonymous
Please forgive me, I'm a complete QSL newbie.
It works ok and I can send anon via snorky, but now in preparation
want to consider having a Zax type nym.
I do have GNU installed correctly, and have imported the
nymphet.paranoici.org nym key.
Now as I understand it, I need to enable PGP under Tools >> Options >> PGP ?
If I accept the default QSL key location, I take it the path will
be C:\qsl for both the public key & Secret keyrings ? So am I
required to manually import the keys into this keyring beforehand ?
Considering I need a default key I mean.
C:\qsl\gpg --import C:mykeyfile to import each key ?
Sorry to be a bit obtuse, but the help docs don't exactly spell
this bit out.
Why not just point QSL to your existing key rings? Saves a lot of
hassle
Yeah no doubt the right thing for me, but I just wondered is my
thinking about right for the more manual way of doing things, all
within the C:\qsl directory I mean ?

THanks
Charles